Westlake Financial Auto Loan Review from Fredericksburg, Virginia
My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent said at that point there was nothing he could do i would now have to pay $1448.98. I chose to record the conversation so there were no discrepancy as thats a whole lot of money.. I was told i would need to pay the full amount at Western Union or Money Gram as they cant process a credit card over the phone. I agreed. I was then told after making payment i would need to call in the confirmation number and then fax proof of income, 3 references and proof of residency... mind you this is MY LOAN ALREADY FINANCED AND ALL THIS INFORMATION WAS ALREADY GIVEN!!!! even still i agreed to do so. The agent said it would take 2-3 hours to process the information and release my vehicle. A few hours passed I decided to again call and get the break down of why it was so much money.. mind you again this call ALSO recorded. I was told that they could push some of the repo fees tonthen end of the loan bringing the balance owed to $1098.89 this agent again stated what the forst agent did.. make the payment, call in the confirmation number and fax documents. He stated after that it would take 2-3 hours to process and release my vehicle.
On the morning of 10/27/2016 Payment was made by Western Union in the amount of $1250.00 MORE THAN OWED! I then called in the confirmation to Westlake Financial and Faxed documents. I did as inwas told by the agen and waited 2 hours and called tonsee if my release on my vehicle was done so i could secure MY VEHICLE and imagine my surprise to be told by the agent that it can take 24-48 HOURS to release the vehicle. WHAT!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Even better the customer has to keep calling and calling to see of the vehicle has been released as they have NO TIME FRAME AND NO SYSTEM for letting the customer know they can get their vehicle. My van is in a tow yard 1 hour from my home. I have NO CLUE when they will finally release my van.. the agents have no idea other than to say "your car is not the only repo we will get to it". Keep calling, it will be released soon. Oh and best of all THE CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR STORAGE FEES AFTER THEYVE MADE THEIR PAYMENT WHILE WESTLAKE DRAGS THEIR FEET FOR DAYS AT OUR EXPENSE. Currently, ive made my payment and have ANOTHER $35.00 owed to the tow company because Westlake didnt release it by close of day even though the payment was made and accounted for HOURS AND HOURS prior!
It is currently almost 8pm payment was made 8 hours ago and when i contacted them 15 minutes ago they still havent released my vehicle and haven't even STARTED the paperwork to!!!
I was convinced im not the only customer whos had this issue sonafter a little research o found over 100 complaints same issue, Westlake not releasing vehicles after fees have been paid. Im attaching photos.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Privacy and Data Security|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First let me say my credit score is over 800. I purchased my first house 2 months ago and began paying my bills through an online bill payer for convenience..."
- "Hey it's me Liquid. I was given this in response to my "You are a pyramid" accusation. They claimed that "Why would Nationwide slap their name with World Financial Group..."
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "Don't stay in Motel 6 @ 5308 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, Va. 22408-2608 Nastiest Room I have ever been in. Could not use the micro wave and front office did..."
- "I scheduled a 60 minute valentines day carriage ride touring Fredericksburg, VA that was supposed to be... well, 60 minutes, and include hot chocolate, roses, and blankets for the occupants...."
- "We ordered a hoodie from this company TeeChip in July. Surprisingly (after reading so many complaints here), it arrived in a timely fashion. However, a word was misspelled on the..."